Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slow News Year

I have to apologize for the lack of posting. It's not that I've already grown bored by blogging, and I can't complain that real life is any busier than usual. The simple fact of the matter is that nothing in the political sphere has gotten me excited lately.

Shocking revelations that a Conservative is a dick, the non-debate over changing the national anthem, Stockwell Day cutting jobs that don't exist, Flaherty rehashing announcements from the laziest budget of all time. Those are the kinds of stories dominating the front page lately. The amount of virtual ink spilled by the Canadian media in recent months on absolutely nothing is astonishing. I haven't been able to make it through a whole newspaper in weeks.

Here's hoping March and April bring a much needed thaw to a frozen Canadian political scene.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the newspaper thing. I get 3 delivered before 7am. I'm usually done all 3 by 7:15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know what it's like. I didn't post today, although there's likely to be a long one tomorrow.

    Comb through the various news services and, if nothing else works, be whimsical. Remember: blogging is supposed to be fun. If it ceases to be, you really have to quit, because it will be noticed.

    And you just started! Don't give up hope, just find ways of keeping your interest alive. And actually, this post about not being able to post works.

    James Morton puts up posts about bears when he lacks for serious content. Just be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doc... maybe I'll just have to start drinking more beer!

    ReplyDelete