Thursday, January 21, 2010

Breaking: Health Services in Deloraine, Manitoba not up to Mayo Standards!

Brock Lesnar is not amused:

Lesnar ... says he had felt unwell for some time when he became ill at a hunting lodge at a Canadian location he refused to disclose. He said it was three hours from the nearest medical facility.
...

"It was like I was in a Third World country. I just looked at my wife and she saved my life and I had to get out of there." Lesnar's wife, former WWE wrestler Sable, took the six-foot-three, 285-pound giant away from the medical facility in "excruciating pain" and "drove 100 miles per hour" across the border to Bismarck, North Dakota.

...

Lesnar refused to disclose any details about the Canadian facility he visited, but claimed the care he received in the U.S., and later at the prestigious Mayo Clinic, was far superior and thus was evidence that the U.S. health-care system is the best in the world.


Now I don't want to insult the good people of Deloraine, in fact I suspect Mr. Lesnar could have been anywhere between Moose Jaw and Brandon. Interestingly, take a look at a map of North Dakota and consider all the towns he had to go through to get to the State capital.

Nonetheless, all Canadians should be ashamed that we can't provide non-citizen cage fighters world-class medical care in the backwoods of Manitoba.

UPDATE: The third world facility in question was in Brandon, and they're left a bit baffled by Mr. Lesnar's comments.

5 comments:

  1. Rumour has it he was right here in beautiful Brandon. The hospital here is first rate, but haven't much experience with 'roid rage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this guy has a point. I've noticed that whenever I leave my Canadian town for the country, streetlights and sidewalks just disappear. I'm sure that doesn't happen in manly, world-conquering empires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the Vancouver Sun it looks like it was Gimli:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Brock+Lesnar+says+Canadian+health+care+like+Third+World+country/2464293/story.html

    Which is even funnier. His GPS must have been acting up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right double, Brandon it was! Post updated with G&M link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have actually followed this man from his WWF career to the UFC. As much as I respect this fighting ability, he would dazzle the audience post-fight with gems like "I am going to go home, get drunk off of some MIlwaukee[even though he had an sponsored contract from Budweiser], and F*& my wife!" Needless to say, i would not trust his discerning analytical abilities about anything beyond knowing how to roll around with another sweaty man homoerotically.

    ReplyDelete