Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blippy

I was going to comment on CPC sycophant Paul Benoit in today's Citizen but it looks like Mr. Sinister beat me to it.

Instead, I'll share something non-political that struck me as truly bizarre. The newest thing in social media is called blippy. It's a twitter for your credit card. You sign up and it automatically broadcasts your every purchase to the world. As someone who has a hard enough time understanding the attraction of twitter, this just blows my mind. For the life of me I can't imagine why anyone would sign up for something like this.

Unfortunately, I don't doubt that the venture will be a smashing success and we can all look forward to knowing when our acquaintances from highschool buy a tube of Compound W or box of Preparation H. Fun times...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's a way for people who don't have the willpower to limit credit card use...

    ReplyDelete